All Allways Rental rates are:
- Gross in New Zealand Dollars (NZ$)
- Subject to Terms and Conditions outlined below
Standard rates include:
- Unlimited mileage
- GST (12.5% Govt Tax)
- Standard vehicle insurance
- Airport and Hotel transfers
- Route Planners, Camping Park Directories and other tourist information available at depots
- AA 24-hour roadside assistance throughout NZ
1. Daily hire charges
The daily hire charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
2. Hours of operation
Monday to Sunday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Depots are closed on 25th of December (Christmas Day)
3. Drivers requirements and licence
All drivers must be 18 years of age or older and hold a current valid driver's licence at the commencement of the hire. An international or country of origin licence is acceptable. A full driver's licence, held for at least one year, shall be provided at the time of hire. If the licence is not in English format then an international driver's licence is also required.
4. Minimum hire period and one-way hires
For all rental vehicles there is a minimum period of four (4) days. It is possible to commence your hire in Christchurch and finish it in Auckland (or vice versa) at no extra charge at any time of year if the rental period is a minimum of twenty-one (21) days.
A complimentary transfer is available to or from your accommodation inside the CBD or the airport on the day of pick up and drop off of the vehicle in Christchurch.
Can be made by either Visa or Mastercard credit cards, EFTPOS or Cash. We apologise to holders of other credit cards.
7. Vehicle insurance
All our vehicles are covered by a comprehensive insurance for property damage including third party's in excess of NZ$1500-NZ$2000, for drivers over 21 years of age. NZ ARCCO (Associated Rental Car Co.) Standard insurance policy and its exclusions apply.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW). A reduction of the insurance excess is available.
INSURANCE OPTIONS FOR DRIVERS 18-20 YEARS
Option 1: Insurance excess NZ$2,000 (Single vehicle accident $3,500)
Option 2: Insurance excess NZ$1,000 (Single vehicle accident $3,500) Pay additional NZ$15/day
Option 3: Insurance excess NZ$250 (Single vehicle accident $250) Pay additional NZ$24/day
INSURANCE OPTIONS FOR DRIVERS 21 YEARS & OVER
Option 1: Insurance excess NZ$1,500 (Single vehicle accident $2,500)
Option 2: Insurance excess NZ$250 (Single vehicle accident $2,500) Pay additional NZ$10/day
Option 3: Insurance excess nil (Single vehicle accident nil) Pay additional NZ$15/day
OPTIONS 1 & 2 do not cover tyre & windscreen damage; OPTION 3 covers all damage including tyre & windscreen damage.
A bond is required for all hires. You will be asked to sign a separate security bond in the form of a credit card imprint. This bond is held by AllWays Car Rental and is not banked. The Bond is a guarantee the vehicle will be returned on time and in the condition it was hired.
9. Early returns and extensions
The hirer must give 24 hour notice for early return and extension. Extension may be refused by the drop off branch if the vehicle is booked for another client. There will be no refund for early returns.
10. Restricted roads
Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), roads north of Colville (Coromandel), Ball Hutt Road (Mt.Cook), Skippers Road (Queenstown), any beach or off road activity.
11. Cancellation of confirmed booking
If cancelled less than 7 days prior to pick up - 50% of Total Hire Amount.
If cancelled on the day of pick up or No Show - 100% of Total Hire Amount.
12. Traffic infringement notice
Hirer details will be forwarded to the issuing authority. If still obligated, the infringement will be paid on behalf of the hirer plus administrative fee of NZ$25 per infringement.
All vehicles are delivered with full fuel in the tank and are to be returned in full. If returned not full, we will fill up on behalf of the hirer plus administrative fee NZ$25.
14. Mechanical repairs and accidents
- Any problems associated with the vehicle including equipment failure must be reported to the owner
as soon as possible within 24 hours in order to give the owner the opportunity to rectify the problem
during the rental period. We do not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
- All vehicles are registered with the Automobile Association (AA) for 24hr roadside assistance. This
service covers any mechanical faults with the vehicle. Please note that the AA does not cover the
following and the associated costs will be the responsibility of the hirer; • The vehicle running out of fuel
• Keys being locked inside the vehicle or lost • Flat batteries as a result of the lights or keys being left on
• A breakdown as a result of damage caused in an accident • PHONE AA TOLL-FREE 0800 224 357 (0800
AA HELP) OR FROM MOBILE *222
- The hirer shall ensure that no persons shall interfere with the distance recorder or speedometer,
or except in an emergency any part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension system of the
- All AA non-mechanical call-outs will incur a call-out charge of NZ$85.
- The AA service operates 24hrs, however for mechanical repairs outside office hours (including
weekends), some delays may occur. The owner will always endeavour to have the car repaired in the
shortest time possible.
- The availability of an Exchange Vehicle is not guaranteed; provision is subject to availability, client
location, damage or accident liability and remaining hire duration. Hirer charges may be incurred
(see below) • If an Exchange Vehicle is required as a result of an accident or damage which can not be
repaired within 2 working days, the hirer is responsible for making their own way to the nearest AllWays
branch or pickup location • AllWays may offer the hirer the option of paying an “Exchange Vehicle
Relocation Fee” to send a driver to deliver the Exchange Vehicle to the hirer’s location • The hirer will pay
for any costs relating to delivery of a change-over vehicle as a result of any single vehicle accident. This
charge applies irrespective of any excess reduction taken.
- Even if the hirer has taken insurance Option 3 they are still responsible for keys being locked in the
car and for changing tyres.
- No replacement vehicle will be provided without receipt of a completed insurance claim form where
one is required.
- In the event of an accident occurring and an Exchange Vehicle is not available, AllWays will not be
liable for any resulting accommodation or living expenses that are in incurred.
15. Change of drop-off destination
If the hirer wishes to change the drop off destination after confirmation of booking, they must first obtain authorisation from AllWays Rental. Subject to the change being approved, a minimum additional charge of NZ$500 will apply.
- AllWays Rental reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions, vehicle specifications and tariffs at any time without prior notice.
- AllWays Rental reserves the right to refuse any rental at its own discretion.