In these conditions:-
‘Owner’ – means the Sound & Lighting Depot
“Hirer” – means the person, firm or company who has ordered/hired from the Owners the equipment as detailed.
(1) Sound & Lighting Depot (The Owner) shall let and the hirer shall take on the hire the equipment specified over leaf & initialed for & by the owner & the hirer through the period shown overleaf.
(2) THE Rent for the hire of the said equipment shall be the amount shown overleaf to be paid by the hirer to the OWNER as specified overleaf.
(3) NO rights under this agreement can be assigned to any third party nor is the Hirer entitled without the Owner’s written permission to remove all or part of the hired equipment or to allow it out of his possession. During this period of hiring the equipment shall be used only by the Hirer or by persons under the direct control and supervision of the hirer
(4) THE hirer shall hold the equipment at his/her own risk and shall use the equipment in a proper manner. The Owner is not responsible for any injury or loss caused to others or suffered by the Hirer her/him self in the course of using the equipment. The Hirer undertakes to indemnify the Owner against any claim for injury or loss what so ever kind suffered by third party through the possession or use of the equipment by the Hirer
(5) THE Hirer shall keep the equipment clean and return it to the Owner in the same condition as it was when he/she took it on hirer. If the equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen during the period of hire the Hirer shall pay the costs of repair or the cost of replacement (If necessary) of the equipment.
(6) NO representation has been made or is any condition, warranty, guarantee, or any promise as to the state of repair, fitness or suitability for any purpose of the equipment implied or expressed by the owner.
(7) IF the Hirer shall make default in punctual payment of the sums to be so paid by it for the hire of the said sound equipment or shall otherwise fail to observe and perform the terms and conditions of this agreement on its part to be observed or performed this Agreement shall forthwith determine (without any notice or other act on the part of the Owner and notwithstanding that the Owner may have waived some previous default or matter of the same or unlike nature) and shall thereupon be lawful for the Owner to retake possession of the said equipment and for that purpose to enter into or upon any premises where the same may be and the determination of the hiring under this clause shall not affect the right of the Owner to recover from the Hirer any monies due to the Owner under this Agreement or damages for breach thereof.
(8) ANY time or other indulgence granted by the Owner shall not affect the strict rights of the Owner under this Agreement.