Hire Safe Guide
Hire Things wants to make sure hires things out or in does so safely and with confidence!
Here are some things you can do
- Get a deposit before the hire - this lets everone know the hire is confirmed and will go ahead
- Get a bond - either in cash or in your bank account - to be refunded on safe return
- Confirm correct contact details - address and phone numbers of hirer, plus location where goods will be used/based during the hire if different
- Print and sign the hire agreement on all hires - see below
- Ask for ID and write down the details on the hire agreement
- Explain everything that needs to be known about using your hire item - especially safe operation and care - and point out any existing damage or missing parts
- Keep transactions within Hire Things - if dates change or extra gear is added, update the hire online so it is part of your agreement
- Place feedback after every hire, and even for hires that don't go ahead for any reason - it's all about acknowledging good people who look after things well and are good to deal with
Once any hire is confirmed (status = ) in the Hire Things site,
there will be a button
to "print agreement" visible on the Hire Plana or job. Unless you have your own hire contract form, you should print out 2 copies and make sure everyone signs it at the start and end of every hire.
There will also be a button where both parties can place feedback.
Your confidence in listing on Hire Things is important to us. Please contact us any time with any issues.
Thousands of incident free transactions have been made safely on Hire Things.
We have had 1 reported incident during the last 2 years, of something not returned on time which was resolved simply, amicably and with additional payments made.
Iona and the Hire Things team.